Coronavirus (COVID-19) Response: HPS is here to help with virtual training, assessments and certifications. CYBER Special - Group Discount Available. Click here for the Online Training Schedule. For more information, call 1-800-535-8445, 1-706-769-5836 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. All HPS training programs are customizable for virtual format.
In fast-paced environments, every decision counts. Stress at every level impacts how and what decisions are made—sometimes with catastrophic consequences—especially in emergency situations. You need leaders who can make the best decisions to achieve the best possible outcome every time.
When decision makers must act quickly, often with only partial information, they make better decisions if they are equipped with the tools and training for effective Decision Making Under Stress (DMUS). In addition, leaders need focused training on how to build more stress-resilient teams and organizations.
DMUS provides this training, with tools and techniques to help leaders at every level make effective decisions before, during and after an emergency or in everyday fast-paced environments.
- Emergency/First Responders (click here for DMUS for Emergency Responders)
- Health Care and Hospital leaders/staff
- Utility leaders/staff
- Law Enforcement
- Homeland Security
- Nuclear Industry leaders/staff
- Anyone who routinely makes decisions under high stress (click here for DMUS for Leaders)
- How people really make decisions (it's not how you think)
- The impact of stress on decision making
- Linkages between stress, cognitive and emotional intelligences and decision making
- How your comfort zone impacts stress resilience, and therefore, decision making
- The cumulative effect of stress and how to stop the escalation
- Decision making practice
- Feedback on ARSENAL— a powerful developmental tool to measure and build stress resilience
- Tools for use before, during and after emergencies
- Development Plan to improve the seven best practices for building stress resilience
- Tools to enhance decision making under stress
- Feedback on the ARSENAL seven best practices
- Personal Development Plan to build resilience and improve decision making under stress
- Skills that can be applied at home in addition to the workplace
- A copy of The Stress Effect: Why Smart Leaders Make Dumb Decisions—And What to Do About It
- Detailed class notebook with additional resources
- Make better decisions in all situations
- Be able to make effective decisions under stress for longer periods of time
- Learn which tools to use before, during and after an emergency
- Work-Life Balance
- How to prepare the mind and body for fast-paced and emergency decision making
- Training targeted to the level of participants for maximum learning and application
- Participants demonstrate decision making under stress
- Participants experience the physiological and cognitive effects of stress
- Observe real-time data showing the impact of stress
- Practice stress management techniques
- Create a Development Plan
About the Facilitator: Henry L. (Dick) Thompson, Ph.D., is the President and CEO of High Performing Systems, Inc., and the author of The Stress Effect: Why Smart Leaders Make Dumb Decisions—And What to Do About It, a groundbreaking and insightful resource that shows how stress is often the real culprit behind poor decision making and leadership failure.
Dr. Thompson’s 21-year military service resulted in first-hand experience in decision making under stress. During that time, he trained and led some of the most elite special operations teams in the world. He served as an officer with the U.S. Army Special Forces Group (Green Berets) in Vietnam and was decorated on several occasions for his heroism.
Dr. Thompson has created the DMUS training, ARSENAL Assessment and development process to build individual and organizational stress resilience.
To learn more about DMUS Call 800-535-8445.