|Recorded: Thursday, November 6, 2008
Length: Approximately 60 min
Join us on November 6 for a technique-focused, insightful presentation on the most
critical—yet most often missed—first step in successful talent management: identifying
During this fast-paced webinar, presenter Henry L. (Dick) Thompson, Ph.D., and guest panelist Jinx Baggett will show how to identify internal talent from bottom to top, entry-level to executive, plus detail why a talent management system needs an objective, scientific process based on validated competencies to predict leader performance. Dr. Thompson and Ms. Baggett also will share why it’s crucial to use the system to identify talent across generations as early as possible in an employee’s career.
By attending this webinar, you will learn:
- How to identify internal talent—who has the potential to grow across time to higher organizational roles
- Why you need to identify all of your internal talent
- Why and how to cast a broad net for identifying talent
- How to handle people in your talent pools who shouldn’t be there
- Why competencies differ at different role levels
- Why assessments are so critical
- How to know if your talent management system is designed for failure
- How Learned Abilities—knowledge, skills, experience, judgment—can be constrained by Innate Abilities—those hard-wired areas that set a limit to what someone will be able to successfully do.
- To view the set of PowerPoints® used in the presentation click here
To view this Webcast you must log into your HPS account. If you do not already have an HPS account, please create your account first. Remember HPS will never sell your information to anyone. Once you have logged in, click on the Log In to View Button again, or refresh the page link below.
You may also log in by going to:
After you have viewed the Webcast online, please feel free to email email@example.com if you have any questions or wish to request additional information or resources. Thank you for your interest. We look forward to hearing your comments after the webcast!